Consular Processing & Adjustment of Status

The immigration process in the United States is complex which is especially true for people outside of the country trying to get in. Processing immigration and adjustment of status petitions for individuals outside the United States requires coordination between multiple government agencies and departments and a citizen or permanent resident sponsor. For nearly 25 years, The Dworsky Law Firm have been helping people across the globe legally immigrate to the United States or become permanent residents. We understand how the process works and will assist individuals in getting their petitions processed swiftly and efficiently.

Our Immigration Attorneys can Help Complete or Expedite Consular Processing

For people already in the United States seeking to amend or extend their visas or to adjust their status to permanent resident, the main government point of contact is usually the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) or the Department of Homeland Security. If you are outside the United States, the process is complex and very different. There, you must deal primarily with a U.S. Consulate or Embassy and go through consular processing for a green card or visa admission.

To effectively navigate Consular Processing, you must be a member of an eligible immigrant category and file the appropriate documentation for that category. The most common petitions are for employment based and family-based petitions. Those seeking seeking asylum, refugees, special classes of immigrants and other beneficiaries of humanitarian programs may also file an immigrant petition. The Dworsky Law Firm can assist you in understanding the requirements for your particular situation and immigrant class and assist in gathering and filing the required documentation in an efficient and economical manner.

Our Immigration Lawyers Can Help You Coordinate with Your U.S. Sponsor

There are several types of Consular Processing, including family-based and employment-based immigration which require the applicant to coordinate with a sponsor. This is usually a family member who is already a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident or an Employer operating a business in the United States. Your sponsor is required to specific documentation with USCIS. For employment-based immigration, the prospective employer may also be required to file documents with the U.S. Department of Labor.


On matters of U.S. immigration law, our firm can effortlessly and efficiently represent clients located anywhere inside or outside the United States. Immigration law is Federal in nature and not state-specific.

Translate »